The 123rd episode of The Crow Versus Crow Radio Show, recorded at Crow Versus Crow Haus using a Zoom H1 recorder as a microphone and stitched together using outdated software. Please listen to this on headphones.
In light of the saddening news of Mark E. Smith's passing, this show is a show of two parts. The first half is the Crow Versus Crow norm - a mix of extended no-audience whatever, including politicised free jazz protest/lament from Irreversible Entanglement; eclectic lulling vocal-orientated works from Sharon Gal, Bonpos Tebetains and The Back Free Church congregation, of the Isle of Lewis; scree-jaxx from thee Acrid Lactjoinces; No-Wave STIcore fom Rosa Yemen; and various other golden golds, new and old. The second half is a solid mix of THE FALL, culled from my personal collection, a nod to the personal importance and influence of Mark E Smith and the many incarnations of The Fall Gruppe.
If you are at all interested in the work of the artists featured in this episode, please support the artists and labels through purchasing their records and attending their shows where possible.
1. Irreversible Entanglements – Enough (Irreversible Entanglements / Don Giovanni Records, 2017)
2. Bonpos Tibétains - Chant De Louange Dédié À La Divinité Protectrice Midü (Les Traditions Rituelles des Bonpos Tibétains / Ocora, 1983)
3. Sharon Gal – Bloo (Delicious Fish / Fractal Meat, 2018)
4. Peter Bruce – The Superb Lyrebird (Side A) (The Superb Lyrebird - Australia’s Forest Singer / Colombia, 1956)
5. Back Free Church – Psalm 9: 10-11 (SALM Volume 1 : Gaelic Psalms from the Hebrides of Scotland / Arc Light Editions, 2018)
6. Acrid Lactations & Jointhee – The Smoker (Chest / Tutore Burlato, 2016)
7. Rosa Yemen – Herpes Simplex (N.Y. No Wave / ZE Records, 2005)
8. Natural Disasters – Untitled (Untitled / Not on Label, 1986)
9. OOAME – Of Petals and Bytes (Milanese Nwas / Acustronica, 2018)
10. The Fall Gruppe Sound Taped Tapes.
i. The Fall – Hexen Definitive / Strife Knot (The Complete Peel Sessions 1978 – 2004 / Castle Music, 2005)
ii. The Fall – Lucifer Over Lancashire (Mr. Pharmacist / Beggar’s Banquest, 1986)
iii. The Fall – 4 ½ Inch (Levitate / Artful Records, 1997)
iv. The Fall – W.B (The Unutterable / Eagle Records, 2000)
v. The Fall – Just Step S’Ways (Hex Enduction Hour / Kamera, 1982)
vi. The Fall – Tempo House (Speed Trials / Homestead Records, 1984)
vii. The Fall – Various Times (It’s The New Thing/Various Times / Step Forward, 1978)
viii. The Fall – Smile (The Complete Peel Sessions 1978 – 2004 / Castle Music, 2005)
ix. The Fall – Slates, Slags etc (Slates / Rough Trade, 1981)
x. The Fall – Gotta See Jane (Are You Are Missing Winner / Cog Sinister, 2001)
xi. The Fall – Petty Thief Lout (Couldn’t Get Ahead/Rollin’ Dany’ / Beggar’s Banquet, 1985)
xii. The Fall – Early Days of Channel Führer (Fall Heads Roll / Slogan Records, 2005)